A coffee maker that has a hot water dispenser allows you to have a delicious cup of Joe when you want one. They also have hot water ready so you can have a hot cup of tea, or fix a hot cup of soup, or even put the hot water into the gelatin to make gelatin for dessert.
These are not just coffee pots they are small kitchen appliances that you will use over and over again. You will not have to put the kettle on to get hot water for breakfast cereals, or recipes. The steaming water will be at your fingertips ready to use anytime you need it.
Best Coffee Maker with Hot Water Dispenser 2021 Review
1. Cuisinart CHW-12P1 12-Cup Coffeemaker Plus Hot Water System
This coffee maker comes with a 12-cup carafe that has an easy to hold handle. The carafe is designed to be drip free when you pour your coffee.
The black and stainless design of this device makes it look great in any kitchen, no matter what décor you have in place.
This pot weighs less than 10 pounds, and plugs into a standard 110-volt outlet. It has separate controls for the hot water dispenser and the carafe. There are also separate water systems for each side of the device.
- Hot water system offers hot water on demand
- Makes a 12-cup carafe
- You pick the strength of the brew that you like
- Light to let you know when hot water dispenser needs to be refilled
- Light indicates when the hot water has reached the perfect temperature
- Automatic shut-off after 2 hours
- BPA free
- Safety lock to stop hot water accidents
- Charcoal water filter removes water impurities
- Does not work with a K-cup
Removable drip tray on water dispenser creates room for tall travel mugs
Brew pause feature allows you to get a cup of coffee before the pot finishes brewing
2. Keurig K-Select Coffee Maker
This is a classic design Keurig coffee maker. You simply fill the water reservoir, turn the pot on to heat the water in the reservoir, put a K-cup of your choice in the filter compartment, and set your coffee cup in the center of the brewing stand. Push the button to start the brewing process and you will have a fresh brewed cup of coffee in just a few minutes.
The K-cups allow everyone in the house to choose their favorite coffee flavors.
Can brew multiple cup sizes including 6 ounce, 8 ounce, 10 ounce, and 12 ounce cups
- Programmable auto-off feature
- You choose the strength of your coffee
- Removeable drip tray allows you to place taller cups like the travel mugs under the dispenser
- Water reservoir holds 52 ounces so you can brew up to 5 cups before needing to refill
- Removable reservoir makes it easier to fill
- Can be operated with the universal coffee filters that allow you to use your own ground coffee
- Does not brew a 12-cup carafe
- Does not have separate hot water dispenser
3. Braun Multi-Serve Coffee Machine
This unique coffee maker looks great in every kitchen. It allows you to create ice coffee, bold rich coffee, and hot water that has no coffee residue flavors.
The unit brews coffee faster than most common coffee makers do. In eight minutes or less a full carafe of coffee can be ready to pour.
The freshness indicator ensures that you will never get a cup of coffee that has gone stale. Unique carafe design saves space and helps prevent bitter coffee flavors.
The charcoal filter gives you the best coffee taste by giving you the purest water. Hot surface indicator light stays illuminated until the warming plate cools down
- Temperature sensors monitor the temperature throughout the brewing so your coffee is served at the perfect temperature every time
- Freshness indicator tells you how long ago a carafe of coffee was brewed
- Capable of brewing a K-cup single cup of coffee, a travel mug of coffee, or a carafe full of coffee
- Brews a full carafe of coffee in less than 8 minutes
- Brew coffee over ice
- Automatic shut-off feature
- Separate hot water dispenser
Does not come with travel cup
4. Keurig K150 Single Cup Commercial Coffee Maker
Another cool model from Keurig makes as many as 18 cups of coffee before needing to be refilled.
Five brew sizes to choose from: 4-ounce, 6-ounce, 8-ounce, 10-ounce, 12-ounce.
Removing the drip tray allows a tall mug or travel mug to be placed under the dispenser.
It has a removable drip tray for easier cleaning which makes this product handier.
The touch screen interface is easy to use.
- Adjustable brew temperature settings
- Programmable on and off feature
- Touch screen is available in three languages
- 90-ounce pour-over water reservoir
- Choose brew strength from mild to bold
- Dishwasher safe drip tray
- Does not come with a large carafe
- Does not have a separate hot water dispensing reservoir
5. Hamilton Beach 2-Way Brewer Coffee Maker
This is a very attractive appliance that allows you to make a single cup of coffee when you are in a hurry, or a larger carafe of coffee when you have time to enjoy a hold pot. The pause and brew feature lets you pour a cup of coffee before the carafe has finished filling.
The single cup side can be used with your average coffee grounds and comes with a mesh filter. You can also choose to use the soft pods that are readily available.
Multilevel cup rest adjusts so differently single cup sizes can be used
- Brews individual cups and travel mugs of coffee
- Brews a large carafe of coffee
- Has a brew strength selector
- Program brewing up to 24 hours in advance
- Automatically shuts off after 2-hours
- Mesh filter so no disposable filters are needed
- Non-stick hot plate keeps coffee hot
- You can use your favorite coffee grounds or your favorite soft pod coffee
- Does not come with a travel mug
6. Cuisinart Coffee Maker – 12 cup – with Hot Water System
This is a beautiful coffee maker that is handier than a shirt pocket. You can make your coffee and get the hot water for the instant oat meal or for the kids’ cocoa at the same time.
This is the small kitchen appliance that you have been waiting for.
Has separate water reservoir for the hot water dispenser so your tea never tastes like coffee.
Indicator light lets you know when the hot water has reached the perfect temperature
- Holds 60 ounces of water
- Brews a full 12-cup carafe
- Programmable so your coffee can be ready when you get up in the morning
- Auto off feature shuts the pot off after a specific amount of time
- Indicator light lets you know when the hot water reservoir needs to be refilled
- You choose what strength you want your coffee
- Reusable coffee filter means you never have to buy disposable filters
- Does not work with a K-cup pod
- Does not come with a travel mug
Brew interrupt allows you to pour a cup of coffee before the entire carafe is made.
The hot water dispenser has a lock so small children are safer and there are fewer accidentally hot water spills.
Buying Guide for Coffee Maker with Hot Water Dispenser
Before you order a coffee maker that has a hot water dispenser make a list of the features you want your pot to have. Then you can consider the features each of the units have and decide which one is going to make the coffee you want, and be the most useful for your house.
Does it brew a full carafe?
Coffee makers that have hot water dispensers may be able to brew a regular 12 cup carafe of coffee, and have a section that dispenses just hot water. Some of these units brew only the single cups of coffee like the K-cup brewers.
You have to know if you want a full 12 cup carafe with hot water on the side for single cup use, or if you want a K-cup style unit.
Is the Pot Programmable?
Most of the units that are capable of brewing a 12-cup carafe of coffee can be programmed. With the programming you can set the coffee pot up the night before and tell it what time to brew your coffee the next day. When you get up the coffee is hot and ready for you to drink.
The K-cup style units are not normally capable of this type of programming.
The Water Dispensing Side
On some of the coffee pots there will be a 12-cup carafe to brew a full pot of coffee, and then on the other side of the unit you will have a travel mug that the unit will brew just enough coffee for. Some units do not come with the travel mug.
Is it K-cup compatible?
Some of the coffee makers have one side that brews a normal carafe of coffee and the other side can only dispense hot water. These units cannot be used with a k-cup dispenser to brew one single cup of coffee.
Does it have an Automatic Shut-off Feature?
Many of the newer coffee makers have an automatic shut-off feature built into them. After the coffee has been brewed for about 2 hours the pot will automatically shut off. This is a fire prevention, and it prevents you from coming home to a carafe with dried and burned coffee in the bottom.
Brew Strength Selector
The newer models of coffee makers have brew strength selectors. You can choose whether you prefer bold coffee or slightly less strong coffee.
Your coffeemaker is a small appliance that you rely on every day. Many of us make several pots of coffee each day, or we use the hot water dispensers to make tea, hot soups, gelatin, and more.
If you are looking for a programmable coffee maker that has a simple hot water dispenser and a 12-cup brewing carafe consider the Cuisinart Coffee Maker – 12 cup – with Hot Water System. This pot is not K-cup compatible, but will make great coffee time and time again.
If you want a pot that makes utilizes the K-ups then consider the Keurig K150 Single Cup Commercial Coffee Maker, Single Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Brewer, Silver.